By visiting www.wheathills.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Wheathills, whose registered office is at Wheathills Farm, Brun Lane, Mackworth, Derby DE22 4NE.
Information we collect
We will treat all your personal information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below).
The type of information that we collect via the Website includes: your first name and family name, email address, postal address and credit/debit card details. We also record additional information that you provide to us as a result of your use of the Website. This includes, for example, information provided in the context of online registration, email enquiries and the provision of goods or services.
With regards to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
“Cookies” are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. The cookies used on this Site do not in themselves recognise the individual user but will recognise the computer you are using so that we know when that computer is used to return to the Site.
Most browsers will automatically accept cookies, but you can change the settings on your browser to prevent this from happening.
We use the following cookies:
a) Strictly necessary cookies.
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
b) Analytical/performance cookies.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
c) Functionality cookies.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
d) Targeting cookies.
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Most browsers will automatically accept cookies, but you can change the settings on your browser to prevent this from happening. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 24 hours.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us:
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please ensure that you tick the appropriate box as you go through the registration or checkout process.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you:
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We place great importance on maintaining the security of the information that you provide via the Website and for this reason we use advanced internet security systems to safeguard your information. In addition, the Website is protected by a SSL Certificate ensuring that all information you provide via the Website, including your credit/debit card number, name and address, is encrypted and converted into code before it is transmitted over the internet. Therefore, in the extremely unlikely event that this information should be intercepted, it would be encrypted and difficult to decipher.
Do not send credit/debit card details via standard email, as this is not secure. In the unlikely event of unauthorised credit/debit card use please be sure to contact your card issuer immediately as per your contractual arrangement with them.
We may also disclose your information to third parties where necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations, where there is a complaint relating to your use of the Website and/or for the purposes of obtaining professional advice (for example, legal advice).
We may share information about visitors to this site in an anonymous or aggregate form with third parties including advertisers, business partners, and sponsors, to understand customer trends and patterns and manage and improve our business relationships.
It is possible that we could merge with or be acquired by another business or that the operation of the Website will be transferred or sub-contracted to another legal entity. To the extent legally permissible, we may share with, or otherwise transfer your information to, the resulting legal entity.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
If you would like to access the personally identifiable information we have collected about you via the Website, or if you would like to cancel, correct or update your information, you may email us at email@example.com